Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Thinking Out Loud for a LWFC Essay

First, I just have to say that I L O V E this book because it has romance and korean soap opera-esque drama in it!

For possible paper topics, I think my favorite themes are:
-LOVE definetly
-independence (the motive of the main character)
or maybe a motif:
-crying
-matches/fire (this one is very confusing yet interesting to me)
-the overall technique Esquivel uses recipes to move the story along- a feat in itself

I really want to use matches, but I don't know if I fully understand it yet. I'm not even sure what kind of a theme it supports. Just in general, I love inspirational, metaphorical/philosophical advice so this one hits home!

However, I still am not sure how to make an 11th grade/12th grade worthy thesis out of it so...

Some other brainstorming...

Tita's lack of independence is her main obstacle to obtaining true happiness.

or something about that irritating Pedro...

The unfortunate circumstances concerning Pedro reveal his true character and flaws that Tita may not have seen until married otherwise.

Those are my main interests: hating Pedro, matches, and independence. Hopefully, we can discuss in class, and I can for something concrete or more certain at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment